The Advance wetsuit has received much acclaim in the triathlon world with 220 Magazine awarding the suit 92% and its coveted Best Buy award, stating that the Advance wouldn’t feel out of place against many of the midrange products available at twice the price. Tri247.com also tested the wetsuit and stated that the shoulder flexibility felt as good as a top of the range wetsuit from another well known brand.
The suit offers the key ingredients which make the Zone3 wetsuit range so popular, but slight changes to the materials and thickness of the product enable the suit to be very competitively priced.
The new Advance not only has a revamped look, but also has some key changes which improve the fit and performance further. The wetsuits offer a fantastic specification including:
1. Great flexibility around the shoulders and arms for comfortable and energy efficient swimming.
2. Innovative new 'Extreme Flex' material used for the underarm panels to significantly improve the distance which can be achieved with each stroke and therefore improve endurance and swim speed.
3. Core support buoyancy panels which are designed to help keep the legs and hips in a higher and more streamlined position, therefore reducing drag and making swimming feel much easier.
4. The use of ‘SpeedFlo’ fabric on 70% of the wetsuit to minimize drag through the water, increase speed and improve durability. The remaining 30% made from high quality rubberised smoothskin neoprene.
5. Zone3’s trademark Silicone coated Pro-Speed CuffsTM on the lower legs to help increase speed of removal and therefore save time and conserve energy.
6. This wetsuit has a great fit and the low neckline means it is one of the most comfortable entry level wetsuits available.
7. Fully Stitched and Glue Bonded for increased flexibility and comfort.
8. High quality YKK downwards zipper making the suit easy to take on and off.
9. The thickness is 2mm around the shoulders and under arms, 3mm on the chest and upper back, 4mm on the torso, legs and side panels.
The Advance is the perfect suit for anybody just starting out in open water swimming or triathlon. Alternatively it is a great training suit if you want to save your best suit for racing. The suit has been designed with all of Zone3’s key features built-in to help ensure that you can have a fast, comfortable and enjoyable swim.
UK/Europe - 3 to 5 days (please allow for 2 to 3 days processing)
International - 8 to 10 days (please allow for 2 to 3 days processing)
|MT||175-191||5.9-6.3||68-78||150-172||97-102||38-40||slim medium tall|
|WOMENS WETSUIT SIZE CHART|
|XS||147-163||4.10 - 5.4||46-53||101-117||79-84||31-33||X -small|
|S||160-168||5.3 - 5.6||54-61||119-134||84-89||33-35||Small|
|SM||157-168||5.1 - 5.6||60-70||132-154||91-97||36-38||small medium|
|ST||170-183||5.7 - 6.0||54-64||119-141||84-91||33-36||small tall|
|M||165-178||5.5 - 5.10||60-67||132-147||89-94||35-37||medium|
|L||168-183||5.10 - 6.0||68-78||150-172||94-99||37-39||large|
|XL||168-198||5.6 - 6.6||73-83||161-183||99-107||39-42||X Large|
GUIDE TO FITTING YOUR NEW WETSUIT
When putting on your wetsuit, undo the zip and crease the suit in half so you can step into the legs of the suit. Pull the suit on using the inside, fabric-side, of the suit to avoid damaging the outside smooth neoprene with your fingernails. Try instead to use the pads of your fingers. Also avoid rushing to put on as this will get you hot and the suit will be harder to get in to.
The seam on leg of the suit should run of the inside of the leg. The longer end of the leg holes should be aligned to the front and the shorter sides to the back. Be sure you move the neoprene in the legs up towards your crotch. Pull the neoprene in the arms of the suit towards your shoulders. Make sure not to use your fingernails at any point.
Hold the base of the zipper with one hand while using the pull cord to do the zipper up. Be sure the inner zipper panel sits flat underneath the zipper. If possible have someone help you do the zipper up. It is important to push your shoulder blades together so it is easier to pull the zip up.
The suit should fit snugly but not uncomfortably. If the collar feels too tight, be sure the suit is high enough in the hips and have someone help pull the back of the suit up through the zipper towards your shoulders.
When removing the suit undo the zipper before undoing the collar. Make sure you are holding the shoulder or body of the suit when you remove it.
TRI APPAREL SIZING
Please see our triathlon clothing sizing charts below to determine the best fit.
|MEN'S TRI APPAREL|
|X Small||157-170||5ft 2 – 5ft 7||54 – 60kgs||119-132||81-86||32-34||66-76||26-30|
|Small||168-178||5ft 6 – 5ft 10||62 – 72kgs||136-158||86-97||34-38||71-76||28-31|
|Medium||170-185||5ft 7 – 6ft 1||68 – 78 kgs||150-172||91-102||36-40||79-84||31-33|
|Large||175-188||5ft 9 – 6ft 2||78 – 86 kgs||172-189||102-112||40-44||86-97||34-38|
|X Large||178-196||5ft 10 – 6ft 5||85 – 95 kgs||187-209||112-122||44-48||91-102||36-40|
|X X Large||178-196||5ft 10 – 6ft 5||90 – 105 kgs||198-231||117-127||46-50||91-107||36-42|
|WOMEN'S TRI APPAREL|
|X Small||152-163||5ft 0 – 5ft 4||45-55||99-121||71-81||28-32||61-66||24-26|
|Small||157-168||5ft 2 – 5ft 6||50-60||110-132||76-86||30-34||66-74||26-29|
|Medium||163-175||5ft 4 – 5ft 9||60-70||132-154||86-97||34-38||76-81||30-32|
|Large||168-183||5ft 6 – 6ft 0||65-75||143-165||91-102||36-40||81-91||32-36|
|X Large||168-183||5ft 6 – 6ft 0||70-80||154-176||91-107||36-42||81-97||32-38|